Western & Southern Open
Sunday Results, Monday Order of Play
ORDER OF PLAY – MONDAY, AUGUST 11, 2014
CENTER COURT start 11:00 am
ATP – [WC] Jack Sock (USA) vs  Tommy Robredo (Spain)
Not Before 1:00 pm
WTA – Alize Cornet (France) vs Madison Keys (USA)
ATP – Federico Delbonis (Argentina) vs Gael Monfils (France)
Night Session – Not Before 7:00 pm
WTA – Sorana Cirstea (Romania) vs  Ana Ivanovic (Serbia)
Not Before 8:30 pm
ATP – Kevin Anderson (South Africa) vs  John Isner (USA)
GRANDSTAND start 11:00 am
ATP – Jeremy Chardy (France) vs Philipp Kohlschreiber (Germany)
ATP – Marcel Granollers (Spain) vs Fernando Verdasco (Spain)
WTA –  Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) vs Magdalena Rybarikova (Slovakia)
Not Before 7:00 pm
ATP –  Fabio Fognini (Italy) vs Edouard Roger-Vasselin (France)
WTA – Raquel Kops-Jones (USA) / Abigail Spears (USA) vs Caroline Garcia (France) / Monica Niculescu (Romania)
COURT 3 start 11:00 am
WTA – Shuai Zhang (China) vs [Q] Heather Watson (Great Britain)
ATP – [Q] Marinko Matosevic (Australia) vs Nicolas Mahut (France)
ATP – Jerzy Janowicz (Poland) vs [Q] Teymuraz Gabashvili (Russia)
WTA – Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (Russia) vs  Dominika Cibulkova (Slovakia)
Not Before 7:00 pm
WTA – Samantha Stosur (Australia) vs [Q] Varvara Lepchenko (USA)
ATP – [WC] Mackenzie McDonald (USA) / Tim Smyczek (USA) vs [WC] Steve Johnson (USA) / Sam Querrey (USA)
COURT 9 start 11:00 am
ATP – Yen-Hsun Lu (Chinese Taipei) vs Denis Istomin (Uzbekistan)
WTA – Klara Koukalova (Czech Republic) vs [Q] Taylor Townsend (USA)
ATP – [Q] Chase Buchanan (USA) vs Joao Sousa (Portugal)
WTA – [Q] Chanelle Scheepers (Republic of South Africa.) vs  Flavia Pennetta (Italy)
ATP – Gilles Simon (France) vs [Q] Bernard Tomic (Australia)
Court 4 start 1:00 pm
ATP Aces for Charity presents ATP Doubles Showdown
COURT 6 start 11:00 am
WTA – Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) vs [WC] Lauren Davis (USA)
ATP – [Q] Benjamin Becker (Germany) vs Ivo Karlovic (Croatia)
WTA – [Q] Pauline Parmentier (France) vs Casey Dellacqua (Australia)
ATP – Jean-Julien Rojer (Netherlands) / Horia Tecau (Romania) vs Max Mirnyi (Belarus) / Mikhail Youzhny (Russia)
COURT 7 start 11:00 am
WTA – Daniela Hantuchova (Slovakia) / Barbora Zahlavova Strycova (Czech Republic) vs Lucie Hradecka (Czech Republic) / Michaella Krajicek (Netherlands)
WTA – [Q] Polona Hercog (Slovenia) vs Kirsten Flipkens (Belgium)
WTA – [Q] Karin Knapp (Italy) vs [WC] Belinda Bencic (Switzerland)
COURT 10 start 12:00 pm
WTA – Garbine Muguruza (Spain) / Carla Suárez Navarro (Spain) vs Andreja Klepac (Slovenia) / Silvia Soler-Espinosa (Spain)
WTA – [WC] Nicole Gibbs (USA) / Alison Riske (USA) vs [PR] Klaudia Jans-Ignacik (Poland) / Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic)
RESULTS – SUNDAY, AUGUST 10,
2014 Men’s Singles – First Round
Lleyton Hewitt (Australia) d Jurgen Melzer (Austria) 36 64 64
[WC] Sam Querrey (USA) d Alejandro Falla (Colombia) 63 61
Men’s Doubles – First Round
Fabio Fognini (Italy) / Mariusz Fyrstenberg (Poland) lead Guillermo Garcia Lopez (Spain) / Santiago Giraldo (Colombia) 63 *45 – suspended (rain)
Qualifying Men’s Singles – Final Round
 Benjamin Becker (Germany) d  Malek Jaziri (Tunisia) 64 36 76
 Marinko Matosevic (Australia) d  Adrian Mannarino (France) 64 64
 Teymuraz Gabashvili (France) d  Alejandro Gonzalez (Colombia) 63 46 64
 Bernard Tomic (Australia) d  Matthew Ebden (Australia) 63 76
[Alt] James Ward (Great Britain) d  Paul-Henri Mathieu (France) 76 75
 Benoit Paire (France) d  Blaz Rola (Slovenia) 62 62
[WC] Chase Buchanan (USA) d  Tim Smyczek (USA) 64 76
Qualifying Women’s Singles – Final Round
 Annika Beck (Germany) d  Mona Barthel (Germany) 62 63
 Varvara Lepchenko (USA) d Anna Tatishvili (USA) 75 76
 Irina-Camelia Begu (Romania) d  Elena Vesnina (Russia) 64 40 ret.
 Zarina Diyas (Kazakhstan) d  Monica Niculescu (Romania) 62 62
 Heather Watson (Great Britain) d Shahar Peer (Israel) 63 60
Pauline Parmentier (France) d  Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor (Spain) 76 76
 Yanina Wickmayer (Belgium) d Julia Goerges (Germany) 64 36 75
 Karin Knapp (Italy) d  Monica Puig (Puerto Rico) 26 63 76
 Polona Hercog (Slovenia) d Julia Glushko (Israel) 63 61
[WC] Nicole Gibbs (USA) d  Francesca Schiavone (Italy) 63 46 62
[WC] Taylor Townsend (USA) d  Silvia Soler-Espinosa (Spain) 64 63
 Chanelle Scheepers (South Africa) d Timea Babos (Hungary) 60 64
NOTES / TIDBITS :
- Former Ohio State Buckeyes Chase Buchanan qualified into an ATP World Tour event for the first time in his career with Sunday’s win. He’ll face Joao Sousa of Portugal on Monday in just his second Tour-level match (his first came as a wild card at the 2009 US Open). The Columbus native won the 2012 NCAA doubles title with Blaz Rola, who fell in Sunday’s final qualifying round. Buchanan was a five-time All-American as a Buckeye.
- Cincinnati native Nicole Gibbs, who won a pair of NCAA titles at Stanford, also was successful in her qualifying effort. She joins Cleveland native Lauren Davis, who won the 2008 Ohio state high school singles title, in representing Ohio in the women’s draw.
- The last two ITF Junior girls World Champions – 17-year-old Belinda Bencic from Switzerland and 18-year-old Taylor Townsend who was born in Chicago – will both be in action Monday.
- Two Grand Slam singles champions will play on Monday evening. Ana Ivanovic won the 2008 French Open title, while Samantha Stosur won the 2011 US Open.
- Ivanovic is one of two former World No. 1s in action Monday. She held the top spot for 12 weeks while Caroline Wozniacki was ranked No. 1 for 67 weeks.
- The top eight seeds from the WTA – Serena Williams, Simona Halep, Petra Kvitova, Agnieszka Radwanska, Maria Sharapova, Angelique Kerber, Eugenie Bouchard and Jelena Jankovic – will be available for interviews.
- Those same eight players will take part in WTA Live from 12:30-1:30 at the Robert Mondavi Private Collection Wine Garden.
- Eight top ATP doubles teams, including the No. 1 duo of California twins Bob and Mike Bryan, will take part in a special ATP Doubles Showdown on Court 4 at 1 p.m.
- Grounds pass tickets are on sale now for the day sessions on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The semifinal Saturday night (Aug. 16) and championship Sunday (Aug. 17) sessions are already sold out. In 2013, the tournament drew a single-week event record of 187,183 fans while selling out 13 of 16 sessions.
About the Western & Southern Open
The Western & Southern Open will be held August 9-17, 2014 at the Lindner Family Tennis Center, 20 miles north of Cincinnati in Mason, OH. The tournament is one of the prestigious ATP Masters 1000 events on the men’s tour and a Premier 5 event for the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA), making it one of only five events in the world outside of the grand slams with events of that caliber occurring during the same week at the same venue. The tournament is also one of the last stops on the Emirates Airline US Open Series before the US Open in New York. Since 1974, the tournament has contributed more than $9 million directly to its beneficiaries: Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, the Barrett Cancer Center and Tennis for City Youth.