Azarenka advances to Australian Open semifinals (Yahoo! Sports)
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — With her most famous fan sitting in the crowd wearing a shirt reminding her to keep calm, defending champion Victoria Azarenka overcame some early jitters to beat Svetlana Kuznetsova 7-5, 6-1 on Wednesday and advance to the Australian Open semifinals.
This is a syndicated post, read the rest here:
Yahoo! Sports - Tennis News.
10sBalls Top Stories
- Ricky’s Picks Going Into The Week Ends Men’s Tennis Tour News From Metz: Goffin, Monfils Remain HOT
- WOMENS TENNIS Update : EVERYTHING THATS HAPPENING Around the World ,O.K. mostly It’s The Asian Swing
- JUDGE ROBERT J. KELLEHER KNEW A SHOE CLERK WHEN HE SAW ONE / USTA ” IF THE SHOE FITS , WEAR IT ” BY SIGRID DRAPER
- RAFAEL NADAL AND RONALDO TO MEET AGAIN AT THE POKER TABLE , THIS TIME ON LONDON
- ROGER FEDERER COVERS TOWN & COUNTRY OCTOBER – Issue on newsstands 9/16
- SCOTLAND STAYS IN UNITED KINGDOM, ANDY MURRAY LIKELY TO HELP HOST DAVIS CUP TIE
- GLOBAL TENNIS ICON , CHAMPION , SPORTSWOMAN LI NA ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT
- GIRLS GONE WILD, “BESTIES” Caroline Wozniacki & Serena Williams Footloose & Fancy Free by Disco Dottie
- ROY EMERSON TENNIS CHAMPION RUNS THE BEST TENNIS CAMP IN THE WORLD @ THE PALACE HOTEL IN GSTAAD , SWITZERLAND BY RICHARD EVANS
- MELANIE OUDIN TO DEFEND HER 2013 TITLE AT THE RED ROCK PRO OPEN IN LAS VEGAS / 10SBALLS.COM SPONSORS THE PLAYERS PARTY
- 2015 DAVIS CUP DRAW REVEALED; UNITED STATES HEADED TO GREAT BRITAIN BY RICKY DIMON
- HOW TO WALK FORWARD ON THE TIGHTROPE OF PLAYER DEVELOPMENT BY CRAIG CIGNARELLI
- DAVIS CUP OR ” SCHMAVIS CUP ” , USTA SEEMS TO HAVE TROUBLE COMMUNICATING THEIR COMMUNICATIONS
- THE EVILUTION OF TENNIS BY OLE PRO
- THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES – By American Guardian Of The Game
In Case You Missed It
The USTA has announced the following people have been elected to their respective positions.
Last year, my partner and I formed Advantage USA Tennis, a non-profit to help support and promote American tennis. Just for fun, we imagined what we might do if our goal was, instead, to keep American tennis in the dumps.
Women's tennis is bracing itself for the news that reigning Australian Open champion Li Na, China's most prominent sportswoman and a major force in opening up Asia as the most growing region in tennis, will announce her retirement within the next 24 hours.
The Dongfeng Motor Wuhan Open has awarded its final two main draw Wild Cards to Belgium’s Kirsten Flipkens and Spain’s Maria-Teresa Torro Flor just days before the WTA Premier 5 event is due to begin in China. Flipkens and Torro Flor join the star-studded main draw in one of the strongest fields ever assembled at a WTA event.
Three-time Wimbledon runner-up Andy Roddick is to return to London to make his debut at the Statoil Masters Tennis at the Royal Albert Hall, 3-7 December. Roddick, who won the hearts of British tennis fans when he lost a heart-breaking 16-14 final set to Roger Federer at Wimbledon in 2009, is excited to return.