Monfils loses, Ferrer advances at Qatar Open (Yahoo! Sports)
DOHA, Qatar (AP) — Gael Monfils’ comeback from injury took a hit Thursday when he lost to German qualifier Daniel Brands 6-1, 7-5 in the quarterfinals of the Qatar Open.
This is a syndicated post, read the rest here:
Yahoo! Sports - Tennis News.
10sBalls Top Stories
- TENNIS NEWS AND GLOBAL DRAWS FOR THE FED CUP FROM AROUND THE WORLD
- RICKY LOOKS @ DJOKOVIC & NADAL TENNIS MATCH UP & THE HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED SEMIFINAL IN MONTE-CARLO
- MONTE CARLO TENNIS, EPA PHOTO GALLERY CHOSEN BY ALEJANDRO
- TENNIS PHOTOS AND NEWS VIA INSTAGRAM FED CUP
- NOVAK DJOKOVIC MAKES GUEST APPEARANCE AT PLAYER REVUE
- ROGER FEDERER MEETS MONACO’S ROYAL FAMILY
- NOVAK DJOKOVIC WINS LAUREUS WORLD SPORTSMAN OF THE YEAR AWARD
- RICKY’S TENNIS PICKS FOR THE MONTE-CARLO QUARTERFINALS: NADAL VS. FERRER, DIMITROV VS. MONFILS
- RICKY DIMON REPORTS ON MONTE CARLO TENNIS UPDATE: FEDERER AND WAWRINKA LOSE, RAFA, NOVAK AND GRIGOR DIMITROV ALL ADVANCE
- GRIGOR DIMITROV STUNS STAN WAWRINKA, AND AN EARLY EXIT FOR ROGER FEDERER AT THE MONTE CARLO ROLEX MASTERS, EPA PHOTO GALLERY
- TENNIS NEWS AND TV TIMES FOR THIS WEEKEND / SERENA WILLIAMS LEADING THE UNITED STATES FED CUP TEAM FROM ITALY
- TENNIS UPDATE FROM MONTE CARLO ROLEX MASTERS: FEDERER AND NADAL BOTH WIN
- LOVEY PICKS PHOTOS VIA INSTAGRAM FROM AROUND THE WORLD, MONTE CARLO, WIMBLEDON & FED CUP
- EPA PHOTO GALLERY OF FEDERER, NADAL, DIMITROV & MORE FROM MONTE CARLO TENNIS
- AEGON TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS – RAONIC AND KYRGIOS TO MAKE QUEEN’S CLUB DEBUTS
In Case You Missed It
Roger Federer beats Jeremy Chardy in Monte Carlo 6-2,6-1 in under an hour. 54:44 minutes to be exact. That was a not a match anyone should have showed up late for ... Today's conditions were heavier than yesterday's. Roger had five aces to Jeremy's one. Jeremy had five double faults to Rogers one.
Novak Djokovic beat Albert Ramos-Vinolas 6-1, 6-4 for a winning start. Lucas Pouille, one of five French players to reach the second round, will line up against Rafael Nadal after beating Dominic Thiem 6-4, 6-4 to set up the clash with Spain's king of clay.
World no.2 Maria Sharapova has pulled out of this weekend's Fed Cup semi-final against Germany in Sochi, citing a leg injury she suffered in practice prior to her shock opening round exit from the Miami Open.
Seeded players compiled a perfect 8-0 record at the Monte-Carlo Masters on Tuesday. Among those advancing was world No. 1 Novak Djokovic, who booked his spot in the third round with a 6-1, 6-4 victory over Albert Ramos-Vinolas.
Check out the latest photos from Monte Carlo tennis in Monaco.