Kuerten edges Djokovic in exhibition match in Rio (Yahoo! Sports)
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Retired three-time French Open champion Gustavo Kuerten beat Novak Djokovic 7-6 (9), 7-5 in an exhibition match Saturday.
This is a syndicated post, read the rest here:
Yahoo! Sports - Tennis News.
10sBalls Top Stories
- WOMEN’S TENNIS UPDATE FROM AROUND THE GLOBE
- NEIL HARMAN BRITISH JOURNALIST SEEMED TO SWIPE WHOLE PASSAGES FREQUENTLY , SAD CAUSE HE COULD WRITE
- The Journey of Liberal Arts, Journalism and Ben Rothenberg, Tennis Writer New York Times.
- NADAL MAKES CONVICING COMEBACK IN BEIJING, ROLLS OVER GASQUET BY RICKY DIMON
- MAX EISENBUD IS THE BEST TENNIS AGENT , JUST ASK LI NA , MARIA SHARAPOVA , & LAURA ROBSON WHO JUST GOT A NIKE DEAL
- Great new app by Sven Groeneveld www gpstennis.com
- HOW TO WALK FORWARD ON THE TIGHTROPE OF PLAYER DEVELOPMENT BY CRAIG CIGNARELLI
- ROY EMERSON TENNIS CHAMPION RUNS THE BEST TENNIS CAMP IN THE WORLD @ THE PALACE HOTEL IN GSTAAD , SWITZERLAND BY RICHARD EVANS
- Watch RAFA @ THE CHINA OPEN, BEIJING TENNIS TV / ATP
- ROGER FEDERER COVERS TOWN & COUNTRY OCTOBER – Issue on newsstands 9/16
- ANDY MURRAY WINS TITLE IN SHENZHEN , OLDER BROTHER JAMIE MURRAY IS RUNNER UP IN DUBS WITH JOHN PEERS
- CANADIANS IN ACTION THIS WEEK / SUR LA TRACE DES CANADIENS
- WTA – BEIJING WOMEN’S TENNIS SERENA RALLIES TO WIN OPENER, CORNET ENDS JANKOVIC’S SINGAPORE HOPES / RESULTS AND ORDER OF PLAY
- NADAL FALLS IN BEIJING DOUBLES MATCH, WILL BEGIN SINGLES CAMPAIGN ON TUESDAY BY RICKY DIMON
- LAS VEGAS RED ROCK LADIES PRO TENNIS OPEN WAS A HUGE SUCCESS
In Case You Missed It
Rafael Nadal's first-round singles match against Richard Gasquet is not on Monday's China Open schedule, but the world No. 2 will be back in action in a different capacity. After being sidelined for three months with a wrist injury, Nadal is teaming up with Pablo Andujar in the doubles draw and they will kick off their campaign against Tomas Berdych and John Isner.
We exaggerate, slightly, but in all likelihood, this will be the week the WTA Race ends. Beijing is worth 1000 points, and it's mandatory, meaning that it's worth about twice as much to the players as every other event. And with the top nine players, minus Li Na, qualifying for Singapore, and a big, big gap between #9 and #10, chances are very good that things will be over after this.
Two familiar foes with a long history will meet in the Red Rock Open Pro singles final on Sunday, as American Madison Brengle will take on Michelle Larcher De Brito of Portugal. Brengle, the No. 4 seed from Dover, Del., ended qualifier Kateryna Bondarenko’s run of six consecutive wins in Las Vegas in a powerful 6-4, 6-2 semifinal victory in the USTA Women’s $50,000 Pro Circuit event taking place at the Red Rock Country Club.
He's back! Yes, for the first time since Wimbledon, Rafael Nadal is playing tennis again. Always one of the best spots on the annual calendar, the Beijing-Tokyo week will be especially intriguing this time around. That’s because Nadal is returning to the court after being out of action for three months.
Click here for the draws & results from the China Open in Beijing, China.