Czechs take 2-1 lead over Spain in Davis Cup (Yahoo! Sports)
PRAGUE (AP) — The Czech Republic won the doubles Saturday to take a 2-1 lead over defending champion Spain in the Davis Cup final, moving one victory away from its first title as an independent nation.
This is a syndicated post, read the rest here:
Yahoo! Sports - Tennis News.
10sBalls Top Stories
- MEN’S AND LADIES’ PHOTO GALLERY FROM BEIJING & TOKYO, ALEX’S EPA PICKS
- MEN’S TOUR NEWS FROM BEIJING AND TOKYO: DJOKOVIC, ISNER ADVANCE TO QUARTERFINALS BY RICKY DIMON
- ROSS HUTCHINS JOINS THE ATP & QUEEN’S NAMES STEPHEN FARROW AS THE NEW TOURNEY DIRECTOR AEGON CHAMPIONSHIPS
- WOMEN’S TENNIS UPDATE FROM AROUND THE GLOBE
- NEIL HARMAN BRITISH JOURNALIST SEEMED TO SWIPE WHOLE PASSAGES FREQUENTLY , SAD CAUSE HE COULD WRITE
- The Journey of Liberal Arts, Journalism and Ben Rothenberg, Tennis Writer New York Times.
- NADAL MAKES CONVICING COMEBACK IN BEIJING, ROLLS OVER GASQUET BY RICKY DIMON
- MAX EISENBUD IS THE BEST TENNIS AGENT , JUST ASK LI NA , MARIA SHARAPOVA , & LAURA ROBSON WHO JUST GOT A NIKE DEAL
- Great new app by Sven Groeneveld www gpstennis.com
- HOW TO WALK FORWARD ON THE TIGHTROPE OF PLAYER DEVELOPMENT BY CRAIG CIGNARELLI
- ROY EMERSON TENNIS CHAMPION RUNS THE BEST TENNIS CAMP IN THE WORLD @ THE PALACE HOTEL IN GSTAAD , SWITZERLAND BY RICHARD EVANS
- Watch RAFA @ THE CHINA OPEN, BEIJING TENNIS TV / ATP
- ROGER FEDERER COVERS TOWN & COUNTRY OCTOBER – Issue on newsstands 9/16
- ANDY MURRAY WINS TITLE IN SHENZHEN , OLDER BROTHER JAMIE MURRAY IS RUNNER UP IN DUBS WITH JOHN PEERS
- CANADIANS IN ACTION THIS WEEK / SUR LA TRACE DES CANADIENS
In Case You Missed It
Click here to see the latest ladies' draws and tomorrow's schedule from the China Open.
Rafael Nadal got in some much-needed match practice on Monday ahead of his first-round singles match at the China Open, albeit in a losing effort. Nadal, who last played at Wimbledon before being sidelined by a wrist injury, teamed up with fellow Spaniard Pablo Andujar and fell to Tomas Berdych and John Isner 7-5, 4-6, 10-4.
Missing among all the great headlines at the Red Rock Pro Open in Las Vegas this week was how the 24-year-old worked her way through the draw without dropping a set, including a dominating performance on Sunday in a 6-1, 6-4 final win over rival Michelle Larcher De Brito of Portugal to capture the $7,600 winner singles check at the USTA Women’s $50,000 Pro Circuit event played at the Red Rock Country Club.
Rafael Nadal's first-round singles match against Richard Gasquet is not on Monday's China Open schedule, but the world No. 2 will be back in action in a different capacity. After being sidelined for three months with a wrist injury, Nadal is teaming up with Pablo Andujar in the doubles draw and they will kick off their campaign against Tomas Berdych and John Isner.
We exaggerate, slightly, but in all likelihood, this will be the week the WTA Race ends. Beijing is worth 1000 points, and it's mandatory, meaning that it's worth about twice as much to the players as every other event. And with the top nine players, minus Li Na, qualifying for Singapore, and a big, big gap between #9 and #10, chances are very good that things will be over after this.