Czechs take 2-1 lead over Spain in Davis Cup (Yahoo! Sports)
PRAGUE (AP) — The Czech Republic won the doubles Saturday to take a 2-1 lead over defending champion Spain in the Davis Cup final, moving one victory away from its first title as an independent nation.
This is a syndicated post, read the rest here:
Yahoo! Sports - Tennis News.
10sBalls Top Stories
- Global Chick Gives Us Her Final Thoughts and Tennis News From Stuttgart
- MEN’S TENNIS DRAWS & ORDER OF PLAY FROM THE BMW OPEN, ESTORIL OPEN, AND ISTANBUL OPEN
- WTA – STUTTGART PORSCHE TENNIS IS WON BY KERBER WHO FIGHTS BACK TO TAKE SINGLES TITLE & BETHANIE MATTEK – SANDS WINS THE DUBS WITH SAFAROVA
- THE MAGIC OF MADISON BRENGLE BY GLOBAL CHICK
- USC WINS THE PAC 12 AND LESTER COOK IN THE FINALS MEN’S OPEN DIVISION @ THE OJAI ! PLUS JUNIOR RESULTS
- LATEST EPA PHOTO GALLERY FROM BARCELONA OPEN & PORSCHE TENNIS GRAND PRIX IN STUTTGART, ALEJANDRO’S PICKS
- SVEN GROENEVELD’S ORANGECOACH WILL LEAD THE WAY FOR EUROPEAN TENNIS COACHES
- TENNIS UPDATE FROM OJAI CALIFORNIA INCLUDING COLLEGE TENNIS RESULTS
- Freeze Frame Tennis – Bringing World Class Coaches To You
- LATEST DRAWS & SCHEDULE FOR BARCELONA, BUCHAREST & STUTTGART TENNIS
- Rafael Nadal Explains His Barcelona Open Defeat
- The Stuttgart era of Maria Sharapova ends… for now… By Global Chick
- DOUBLES STARS TEAM WITH JOURNALISTS IN BUCHAREST – TECAU, ROJER, MONROE, SA, BOPANNA, MERGEA
- RAFAEL NADAL, KEI NISHIKORI LAUNCH BARCELONA IN STYLE
- TENNIS PHOTOS FROM BARCELONA & STUTTGART FROM EPA WORLD FAMOUS PHOTOGRAPHERS
In Case You Missed It
From the always engaging Andrea Petkovic admitting that two years in a row now her creaking hamstring has made its presence known as the change of surface has meant she still yearns to put in a great performance in her home tournament.
Check out some of these Earth Day photos via Facebook & Instagram.
There would be no repeat of the 2014 Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell quarterfinals. Not on Wednesday. Not in the second round. Not against Rafael Nadal.
It was the less heralded youngster who won a battle of 19-year-olds on Wednesday at the Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell. Nick Kyrgios had two match points--one in both the second and third sets--but Elias Ymer battled to a 2-6, 7-5, 7-6(7) second-round upset after two hours and 27 minutes.
Just 365 little days but the difference was noticeable when Simona Halep and Petra Kvitova took to the little stage in Stuttgart at this year’s Porsche Tennis Grand Prix.