WTA - Pune (Thurs): Top Seed Bratchikova & Petkovic Roll To Set Up Showdown
epa03372380 Nina Bratchikova of Russia hits a return to Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland during their match on the second day of the 2012 US Open Tennis Championship at the USTA National Tennis Center in Flushing Meadows, New York, USA, 28 August 2012. The US Open runs through Sunday 09 September 2012. EPA/JASON SZENES |
ROYAL INDIAN OPEN
November 5-11, 2012
Results – Thursday, November 8, 2012
Singles – Second Round
(1) Nina Bratchikova (RUS) d. Olga Savchuk (UKR) 61 61
(2) Misaki Doi (JPN) d. Noppawan Lertcheewakarn (THA) 60 61
(5) Kimiko Date-Krumm (JPN) d. Zhou Yi-Miao (CHN) 64 46 62
(6/WC) Andrea Petkovic (GER) d. Chang Liu (CHN) 61 60
Doubles – Quarterfinals
(1) Birnerova/Klepac (CZE/SLO) d. Date-Krumm/Nara (JPN/JPN) 76(6) 64
(2) Bratchikova/Kalashnikova (RUS/GEO) d. Savchuk/Svitolina (UKR/UKR) 75 62
Order Of Play – Friday, November 9, 2012
Centre Court (from 15.00hrs)
1. Nina Bratchikova vs. Andrea Petkovic
2. Kimiko Date-Krumm vs. Misaki Doi
3. Tamarine Tanasugarn vs. Donna Vekic
4. Birnerova/Klepac vs. Glushko/Lertcheewakarn
Court 1 (from 15.00hrs)
1. Luksika Kumkhum vs. Elina Svitolina
2. Xu/Zhou vs. Bratchikova/Kalashnikova (NB 17.30hrs; after suitable rest)
Former World No. 4 and Grand Slam Champion Juan Martin del Potro, Americans Tim Smyczek, Ryan Harrison, Denis Kudla, Austin Krajicek, Nicole Gibbs, Taylor Townsend, Grace Min, Louisa Chirico, Sachia Vickery and Bethanie Mattek-Sands; and teenage rising star Donna Vekic were all granted wildcards into the main draws of the BNP Paribas Open...
In the 2014 Davis Cup first round, the United States had the benefit of home-court advantage against Great Britain. It was all right there for the Americans to advance, having put the visitors out of their comfort zone on a clay surface.
THE 2015 BNP PARIBAS CHALLENGE, THE PRE-QUALIFYING EVENT FOR THE BNP PARIBAS OPEN, BEGINS TODAY AND WILL RUN THROUGH SATURDAY, MARCH 7, AND BOASTS THE LARGEST DRAW IN THE EVENT'S HISTORY WITH MORE THAN 250 PARTICIPANTS SEEKING WILDCARD BERTHS...
Nowhere on the entire ATP World Tour is the doubles draw annually more intriguing than at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells. In addition to the traditional doubles specialists, singles players--even the very top guys--often sign up for doubles in the desert.